A successful retirement doesn’t happen automatically. It takes careful planning. The Long-Term Vision Test, our interactive retirement planning tool, can help you create the kind of future you envision. The tool has you rate 10 brief statements about the present, the future and your goals. You’ll learn how your personality influences your financial views and your perceptions about retirement.
After completing the test, you will be identified as belonging to one of four categories of individuals: The Frugal Realist, The Patient Dreamer, The Moment Maximizer, or The Luxurious Lifer. Which one are you?
Each category faces its own challenges. When you complete the assessment, you’ll see planning tips and how you compare to others who have taken the test.
Here are a few quick tips that apply to anyone who is looking to build a sound, long-term vision for a bright retirement:
- Start planning for retirement as soon as possible. The earlier you begin, the more time your savings have to grow.
- Get independent retirement planning advice. Your financial professional can help you develop a comprehensive plan to address your unique needs and goals.
- Steer clear of short-term retirement investment strategies.For some, retirement can last more than 30 years.
- Be flexible about adjusting your investment strategy as you and your family’s needs change. Major life events, such as a new job or marriage, are often the times you’ll need to fine-tune your portfolio.
- Review your insurance policies to make sure you have the right protection. Check to see if your beneficiary information is current.
Brought to you by The Guardian Network © 2016. The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America®, New York, NY
2019-74042 Exp. 2/2021
This material is intended for general public use to potentially assist you in planning for your future. By providing this material, Guardian/Park Avenue Securities is not undertaking to provide investment advice for any specific individual or situation, or to otherwise act in a fiduciary capacity.
Guardian and its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, and outside contributors, are not authorized to provide legal, tax, or investment advice in the materials of this website including but not limited to any blogs. The information provided does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy or an offer to sell financial or insurance products. Individual situations can vary; please contact a financial professional, your tax, investment or legal advisor for guidance and information specific to your situation. Guardian is not responsible for the consequences of any decisions or actions taken in reliance upon or as a result of the information provided by this material. To learn more about Guardian, visit GuardianLife.com.